Check out my website!

Sunday, 9 December 2007

Two new paintings

The Beachwalker - Brooms Head.

This is actually my darling other half painted from one of the pics I took on our short break last summer. There was a bit of an afternoon change coming through which made a dramatic backdrop to the afternoon sun. My favourite part of this painting is the sparkles on the water which turned out surprisingly well I thought. Much better than expected anyway.

Springhouse

This is a quick painting I did this afternoon from a photo reference on WetCanvas. Every month there is an invitation to paint a scene from somewhere in the world, and this one is a springhouse (whatever that is) in Lancaster P.A. Not a scene I would normally choose to paint - way too much bright green foliage and a distinct lack of red desert sand or ocean. The point is to get outside your comfort zone, so in that regard I was successful. Not so much in regards to the actual quality of work though...

7 comments:

pencilwizard said...

I really like these two Kitty, your watercolours are coming along great....love the top one, it has a really nice serene feel to it.

Kitty said...

Thanks so much pencilwizard - I like the top one better as well. I much prefer to paint from my own photos because I have experienced the reality of the scene, not just as a photo. I remember it was a lovely, hot day and yes it was very relaxing and serene.

sue said...

I love the beachwalker - it is so peaceful and calming. I would like to know what he was thinking during that bare foot walk.

Beaches and Oceans are one of my favorite things to paint !

Kitty said...

Thanks Sue, I love painting beaches too although I always find the water a challenge.

I'm not sure what he was thinking but it was such a gorgeous day they could only be happy thoughts!

Mike said...

That's a great post, I like how you put info over there, I wanna to use some of those helpful tips in my Forex and Stock Quotes Website , thanks a lot for sharing that with us.

fine art said...

Walking by the beach on barefoot is what I need now a days. Just looking at your painting Beachwalker gave me already a feeling of peacefullness.

peter eric said...

This is my first visit to your blog! But I admire the precious time and effort you put into it,especially into interesting articles you share here. Thankyou very much and keep up the good work.
help me with my essay
affordable market 360
adult market 360
cheap online degrees
rice exporters