Check out my website!

Wednesday, 8 August 2007

Official Smart Arse

Well, as of today, people will be telling the absolute truth when they call me a smart arse. I received in the mail, from Griffith University (where I am studying) an official invitation to join the Golden Key International Honours Society which is apparently only extended to students who are in the top 15% of students across all disciplines at that university. So there, I am now an official, recognised smarty-pants.

I must admit, I have never heard of this society before, and at first I thought it might be some sort of scam considering I had to send them $93.00 (+ $13.00 if I wanted a membership pin). But after checking out their website and clarifying with my university I was reassured that no one is playing a trick on me and that I actually am being rewarded for all my "hard work" in the 2006/2007 school year. Doing a dead easy degree has some advantages obviously.

3 comments:

lisa g. said...

congratulations!...do you think the society has tshirts with 'smart arse' written on them?...

Diva said...

Congratulations! Now you know you are sitting on gold!

Kitty said...

Ha ha, no T-shirt unfortunately, but my boyfriend has promised to get me one of those propellor caps.

Dive, don't know about gold, but there is a whole lotta arse thats for sure!