Check out my website!

Sunday, 22 July 2007

Last days of freedom...





Instead of working on my portrait or finishing off my taxes, Dallas and I decided to take advantage of a warm sunny winter's day and go bushwalking at Mt Barney national park near Rathdowney and the NSW/QLD border. The scenery is nothing spectacular - mainly dry eucalypt forest and millions of granite boulders but it was lovely to get out of the city and into the fresh air. Most of the walks in the park are of an extreme grade involving unmarked tracks and mountain climbing, but we found an easy 3 hour return walk to a small pool in a granite gorge. I'm thinking of doing a painting in the future of the area incorporating the main shapes of tall skinny trees, round boulders and blackboys.

Tomorrow I will definately get back to the portrait now that I have finished work and don't have to attend classes until Thursday.

1 comment:

Kim said...

looks like a wonderful place Kitty....those photos are great !!!!