Check out my website!

Sunday, 27 May 2007

Ormiston Gorge - WIP 4



Took a quick break from exam study today to do some more work on this. After a lot of painting and re-painting I am finally happy with the colour of the sand in the foreground. Other than the sand and the closest rocky outcrop I have added the first layer of colour of the vegetation which will be built up in a series of layers. The reflections in the water will be left until the very last, because I have never tried them before, and am more than a bit nervous of stuffing the whole thing up!

7 comments:

Kim said...

looking great Kitty.....have you tried painting upside down...the painting ..that is.....that could help with your reflections....

ps I passed those 2 failed subjects the following year when I did my dip ed....so it all evened out in the end....

Anne said...

This is coming along really well. Keep up the good work.

Alf said...

I love the lighting. I am not so good at putting light and shadow on my landscapes.You have done a excellent job. I posted a link to your site on my blog,tell me if you don't want me to. ^_^

Kitty said...

LOL, never thought of painting upside down. I will give it a go. I don't intend the reflections to be exact - just suggested.

Thanks for your kind words everyone.

Sailor Girl said...

Another Beautiful painting!!!!

Kitty said...

Thanks Sailor Girl, I am looking forward to finishing this one soon!

Aunt Babz said...

I am not an art aficionados but I love the art gallery. Truly breathtaking stuff!