Check out my website!

Sunday, 20 May 2007

Mereenie Loop - complete



All done. I'm happy enough with this, although I would have liked it to be a little more looser than it turned out. I still feel I'm too anal with the details but hopefully over time this will resolve itself. If not, I guess I'll have to learn to live with it and develop my style around it.

I've decided I will enter this one and Ormiston Gorge in the Fine Arts competition at the Ekka this year. I don't know if they will be good enough or not, as I don't know the class of work that shows at the Ekka. No doubt it is quite a high standard being a Royal show and all. I don't expect to come anywhere or win any prizemoney, but just want them to be viewed by people in real life and have them hanging in a public space.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I like the deeper red in the foreground Kitty..
Good luck in the comp and as they say you've gotta be in it to win it...

Kitty said...

Thanks Kim, if anything, it will be an excuse to fork out the $25 entry fee and actually go to the Ekka this year!

Lynda said...

I really like the finished work - I can see what you mean about wanting it 'looser' but I think that the detail makes it more interesting.

BTW - your blog is soooooooo slooooooowwww to load at the moment - have you added something new?

Kitty said...

Hi Lynda, how slow is slow? It just took around 5 seconds to load - is that slow? I haven't added any fancy stuff or anything new - maybe they get slower as they get bigger? I'm thinking of removing some of the guff from the sidebar anyways, so that might be my task for today.

As for the details - I think they add interest too, which is why I keep adding them - I never think my paintings are interesting enough!

pencilwizard said...

Like this painting very much, combination of cool and warm colours works really nicely.

Kitty said...

Thanks Pencilwizard. I am attempting to focus on colour and shape rather than "realism". I'm a sucker for bright, vibrant colours.