Check out my website!

Saturday, 26 May 2007

Everyone Has More Sex Than Me

Check this out. Found it while browsing on the Australian Art Forum website. Great animation and a pretty catchy tune as well, so I just had to share it.

God, whatever did we do before the internet?

Anyway, today I'm taking my better half to check out the Churchie Emerging Art award exhibition in East Brisbane. It is a pretty prestigious art award, and some excellent artists I "know (of)" and admire from various forums such as Sue Beyer and Simon Collins are exhibiting. I can't wait to see their works in real life, along with many other great pieces of art as well. I have never been to a prestigious art award exhibition before, so really looking forward to it.

Update: Really enjoyed the exhibition. There were some really excellent works there, both paintings and sculpture. I quite liked the winner, which was this digital print/painting by Penelope Francis Cain. The only thing that sort of spoiled it for me was the digital print on canvas part. The overall effect and style of the piece was very good though, in my (totally uneducated) view. The other pieces can be seen here .

6 comments:

life-draw said...

Thanks for the mention Kitty, hope you enjoy it, wish I could be there.

Kitty said...

No worries Simon. I really loved your car reflection paintings - they looked great and the frames were very funky indeed!

Kim said...

toooo cute video Kitty...
some great art at the Churchie.....
you have some really good comps up there....

Kitty said...

Hi Kim, I don't know of any other major art prizes up here except for the Churchie. I thought most of them were in Melbourne. Must do some research...

Kim said...

I know of Jupiters? that's a big one...
I have come across them when I have been looking for NSW comps...but my memory's not what it used to be.....

The Painted Sky said...

Hey!....that's my theme song!