Check out my website!

Wednesday, 16 May 2007

10 Songs that make me sad



In no particular order...

1. Angie - The Rolling Stones. Song about love going wrong?

2. Beth - KISS. Poor Beth, home all alone while her rockstar husband is out with the band... Oh Beth, what can he do?

3. I Was Only 19 - Redgum/The Herd. I think The Herd's version is sadder for some reason. Song about Vietnam vets and how the war has affected their life.

4. Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton. Song about his young son who died. How could it not make anyone sad!

5. Glory Days - Bruce Springsteen. Nothing sadder than remembering your glory days and all that unfulfilled potential.

6. Boys of Summer - Glenn Frey (sp). This song reminds me of the long summer school holidays spent hanging out on the beach.

7. Jack and Diane - John Cougar Melancholy (ha ha). This reminds me of Year 12 at school, I found it sad because Jack and Diane seemed to be doomed for a dead-end life in a small town, and I was scared the same was going to happen to me.

8. Make Me Pure - Robbie Williams. This is sad because it seems to be about his battle to stay clean from drugs and alcohol.

9. Candle in the Wind - Elton John. The Princess Diana version. Such a tragic thing to happen to a beautiful person.

10. Love the One You're With - Can't remember who sings it. Reminds me of when I was going out with a lovely guy but I didn't love him and I had to break up with him.

I'm a little bit teary now! sniffle sniffle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list. I was amused seeing Beth by Kiss on there. Not for the selection itself, it just reminded me of this amusing post I read on the internet a while back. This is written as Beths reply to Peter Criss...

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2006/12/15moe.html

Patois said...

I love your list. We only mesh on one -- #4 -- but I'm with you on #1. #2 made me laugh.

Kitty said...

Bawaahahahahah! What a great post! Now I'll never be able to listen to that song without thinking of it and laughing at the thought of Peter Criss eating a bowl of Friskies with a saucer of Jack Daniels hee hee!

Thanks for that.

Kitty said...

Patois, that song is the only reason I'm not a famous rock-star's wife right now.

Well that and the fact I'm not a super-model...