Check out my website!

Wednesday, 11 April 2007

Holy Fuck!!!

Oh my fucking God!!! You will never believe it but I have actually sold a painting over the internet!!!!! Got an email this morning that someone in New Jersey has purchased my East MacDonnell Ranges painting at BoundlessGallery.com!!! I'm pretty stoked, and flabbergasted at the same time because I really didn't think I had much chance of actually selling anything through that website, especially after only a week or two since being listed. I'm really excited as you can probably tell by the excessive use of bad language, but there is no other word in the English language that appropriately describes what I am feeling right now - woohoo!!! Guess I had better sign it and paint the edges of the canvas today and get it ready for shipping. This is really inspiring me to finish my beach painting too.



On another note, I have made a start on my next painting, a more "decorative" work of a pair of clownfish and an anemone. I used to do a fair bit of scuba diving when I lived in Sydney, and I used to see these guys all the time when diving off Coffs Harbour, along with blue tang and a whole bunch of other tropical and temperate water fish. Coffs Harbour is where the warm tropical water mixes with the cooler temperate waters of the southern oceans, and you would get to see fish from both the tropics and temperate zones all in the one place - it was amazing! Anyway, I recently visited an aquarium near me and they let me take some pics of their tanks which I am inspired to paint a series of. These little guys are so cute, but my favourite tropical marine fish is the boxfish, which look like tiny little yellow cubes with fins in their juvenile state.



I mean, how cute is that!!!

5 comments:

Diva said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! May it be the first of many! Wanna party?

Sailor Girl said...

Hurray!!!!!! Yoooohooooooo!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! maybe someday I can purchase one of your beautiful paintings!!!! I love particularly the horse one («Brockie»). Please finish the bikini one.

Kitty said...

Ohhh yeah I'm so ready to party!
I might hold off on that until I see the money in my bank account though!

Sailor girl, I am trying to finish the bikini one, but I have gotten rid of the girl so it will just be a beach scene with an island on the horizon. I really suck at painting people.

Drew said...

Great job on the sale!

Hi, I found your blog through FuelMyBlog. Just sending notes to FMB bloggers to say hello and ask for some help.

I am up for the Bloggers Choice Award: Photography Blog of the Year. I am up for 4 Blog of the Year Awards, but the one award that I really want to win is the Photography Blog of the Year. I am at 34 votes at this time and need at least 21 more votes to tie with the top blog. I am putting the call out to the FuelMyBlog community for help.

Photography is a huge part of my blog The BenSpark visit the blog and see the photos for yourself. I you like the site Here is a quick link to vote for my blog as Photography Blog of the Year.

Kitty said...

OK Drew, I voted for ya! Now you'll have to buy a painting. Quid pro quo man, quid pro quo ;)