Check out my website!

Monday, 23 April 2007

Finally! A post about art...



It's been a while now since I posted anything about art, but as you can see I have been beavering away and have finally finished my beach painting, which no longer has any bikini girls. Anywhere. I did try to put a shrunken bikini girl in the water, but it didn't look right - the scale just didn't fit and it made the painting look flat like there was no distance. So instead I put in a small yacht which was easy and I think looks great. First time I have ever painted a boat and I am real happy with the result. The waves on the other hand gave me a bit of grief, and I'm not 100% happy with them but I really don't think I can do any more to them without ruining it so I will leave them alone.



I have also started on my next painting, the clownfishes. These are Western Clownfish also known as false clownfish or Amphiprion Ocellaris and the most common clownfish in the aquarium trade, commonly found from the East Andaman Sea, Indonesia South East Asia, The Philippines, Taiwan to Rykkyu Islands (Japan), and south to north western Australia only. Nemo on the other hand, would have been an Eastern or true clownfish which are found on the Great Barrier Reef. I will also do a painting of them in the future.

Who says you don't learn anything from blogs!

4 comments:

Kim said...

hi Kitty
Your beach painting looks great.....and the boat fits in well.....lovely contrast between the blue and yellow....
xxxx

Kitty said...

Thanks Kim!
It was a real chore doing this painting but I am happy with the final result even though I failed with the figure.

Something to practise for the future I think!

lisa g. said...

hey there...the beach is magnificent!...what are the dimensions of the piece?...the cloud is grandiose and i think that is what makes the painting...

Kitty said...

Hi Lisa, it is 20" by 20" so not too big, not too small. I like the cloud too, even though it was a total fluke!