Check out my website!

Thursday, 29 March 2007

View from my window



Fuel My Blog blog directory is running a competition for photos of a view from your window, and I thought I would enter just for fun, since I have about as much chance of winning a photo competition as David Hicks has of getting a fair trial.

This photo was taken last October from the back of a 4WD troop carrier while we were driving to the sunset viewing area at Kata Tjuta. The rain clouds broke apart for a split second and the afternoon sun shone through. Our lovely guide, Tezza, kindly stopped the truck so we could open the windows and snap some shots. By the time we got to the viewing area, it was raining again, and that my friends, is the story of my life when it comes to sunset photos while on holidays.

To see the other entries go HERE

5 comments:

saskboy said...

Very nice, and the sky looks threatening.

Blogger said...

Good one. I've watched the same on Animal Planet on, I guess once on Nat Geo too.

Allan.

Kitty said...

Thanks Saskboy. It was just a light rainshower but no spectacular storm unfortunately.

Thanks Blogger, it's a lovely part of Australia to visit, even more so during sunset/sunrise.

Drew said...

Wow, very nice. You even captured the rainbow. I love it. Good luck on the competition.

Kitty said...

Thanks Drew, the whole photo was a lucky fluke. I didn't even notice the rainbow until we had downloaded the photos from the camera.