Check out my website!

Saturday, 10 March 2007

Mayday Challenge Update 3

I've had a niggling crick in my neck for the last few days which I attributed to either sleeping funny, or to Ju-Jitsu training but after a few hours at the easel yesterday afternoon working on this piece, I could hardly move my neck, so there - I am now officially suffering for my art. Workplace Health and Safety would have a field day in my "studio" I'm sure.

Nevertheless - I have managed to do some more work on this. The clouds have been altered for the third time, and I am finally happy with them. The waves I'm not too fussed on, but I don't know how to make them better, so they will probably stay as they are for now. The foam I'm quite happy with as well, although you can see the rough drawing on the right hand backwash where I intend to extend it futher up the beach.

I have to go into uni this morning to start researching my first lot of assignments which are due at the end of this month (EEK!) but I hope to do some more work on it either this afternoon, or tomorrow, as well as my other WIP which has been neglected. I do need it to be completely dry to increase the whiteness on the foam anyway, so it's not as though I'm wasting time or anything - although at the rate I'm going, it will be next year before I'm finished it.

No comments: