Check out my website!

Saturday, 17 March 2007

Mayday Challenge - first painting complete.



Yay finally! My beach painting is finished! As you can see there have been a number of changes to my original concept sketch but I think it looks OK. Still not happy with the water, but the addition of the figure really helps the whole composition I think, and she wasn't very difficult to paint either (thank God!). I decided to kill off the kiddies building sandcastles, because I really didn't want to fiddle with three figures.

Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to finish the darn thing - I was quite prepared to shove it in a dark cupboard somewhere.

6 comments:

gem said...

I love your use of color! Your blues are so lush. I also liked how you chronicled your painting's development on this site. Very different and more importantly, very interesting especially to those who appreciate the visual arts but aren't artistic.

Kitty said...

Thanks Gem, the blue I used was Pthalo Blue, which is a gorgeous colour. I like to post the works in progress to keep me on track, and maybe get feedback along the way.

kylebeabo said...

Congratulations. That is amazing work and I loved being able to see it as it developed. What will the subject of your next painting be?

Kitty said...

Kyle, the subject of my next 4 paintings has to be people and water, but I have some interesting ideas within that specification. I also have to finish my desert scene yet, so expect to see that in the near future too.

Lauren said...

It looks great!

Kitty said...

Thanks Lauren! This challenge has sure been a learning experience.