Check out my website!

Friday, 30 March 2007

Bikini Girl :: Stage 3



The background ocean, sky, beach and waves are now completed. I have the sun low in the western sky behind the figure which will light her up in a delicious golden glow (hopefully).

Now I have to let the painting sit for a few days until it is completely dry in order to remove the masking fluid which has reacted with the oil paint and become weak. Instead of just pulling it off in a stretchy strand, the parts that have been covered in paint need to be scraped off with a palette knife and then the residue removed with turps. Although it is a bit of a pain, I think that it still really helps to mask the figure first.

The next stage once the mask is removed is to start painting the figure with tonal values and then work it up in glazes from there.

Link to previous post in this series...

4 comments:

Dan Masq said...

Geez thats beautiful! Great work so far!

Kitty said...

Thanks Dan,

It will be the first time I paint a figure in a decent size, so I am a bit nervous about stuffing it up.

kylebeabo said...

Quite good. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Maria & Stefano said...

I really looove this one!!!
Great job!!!

M.