Check out my website!

Tuesday, 6 February 2007

Work in Progress - Crimson Frangipani

I have decided to post works in progress as I paint them since it takes such a long time for me to actually finish a painting. Once I finish work, I hope to be able to spend an hour or two every day painting, and get them finished much quicker. At the moment, I can only paint on weekends and I like to do each "layer" at a time and let it dry before continuing - very time consuming! Anyway, this painting is of a frangipani tree that I pass most afternoons on my walk. The flowers are (will be) a bright red/crimson and absolutely stunning. There is quite a lot of work left to go with this one but I hope to finish it this weekend.

3 comments:

hummingbird sky studio said...

like your paintings kitty. Frangipani tree is looking really good as it is.

Kitty said...

Thanks hummingbird.

It is almost done now. I hope to post the completed painting tomorrow fingers crossed.

Diva said...

You are very talented. I will be watching this work in progress with interest and envy.