Check out my website!

Wednesday, 14 February 2007

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentines day to everyone. I not really all that fussed about Valentines day and I'm not just saying that because I won't be getting anything this year either. Like my single friend Tegan always says, Valentines Day is just an excuse for greeting card companies, florists and fluffy toy manufactures to boost their profits - like hello! Isn't that what Christmas is for? Anyway, I'm not at work anymore so Valentine's Day is useless to me anyway. What is the point in receiving a huge bunch of long-stemmed red roses complete with oversized foil I LUV U balloon unless you are at work and the delivery guy has to lug it through all three floors of your building before he finds you. Receiving your flowers while at home alone in trakky daks doing the vacuuming just dosn't have the same romanticism I'm afraid. Last year, nearly every girl in the office received flowers except for yours truly. Even the really unfortunate looking ones who I know for a fact were single. My thoughtful boyfriend had my flowers waiting for me when I got home. Now I don't mean to sound ungrateful as he is such a sweetie, but come on boys - V-day rule number one is that the flowers MUST be delivered to your sweethearts workplace so we can bask in the glory that is winning the biggest, most expensive floral arrangement in the office competition.

No comments: