Check out my website!

Tuesday, 20 February 2007

Trip to NSW

My boyfriend and I went to Maclean last Friday for a few days to visit my dad and his lady friend. Maclean is a tiny cane farming town near Yamba on the NSW north coast, just south of Ballina and it is a beautiful part of the country. We spent most of the days on the beach either in Yamba, Pippi's Beach or Broom's Head and needless to say I got horribly sunburnt and will probably now die of a malignant skin cancer! Visited two galleries while we were there - the Witzig Gallery in Maclean which showcases modern Papua New Guinean artists and the ArtHouse in Yamba which is a small local gallery but which has some really good pieces - not just local beach scenes, much more than I expected from a local gallery. This is my boyfriend at Brooms Head beach. In 10 to 20 years this will be wall to wall apartments I reckon and I would buy property here if I could afford it. This is Yamba beach - they had a surfboat carnival on that day which was interesting to watch - especially all the buff lifesavers... I would have loved to stay longer, but we had to be back in Brisneyland for the Little Britain Live show last night - absolutely H I L A R I O U S! and very rude!

No comments: