Check out my website!

Tuesday, 20 February 2007

Horses - WIP

Thought I would post a quick update on my horse painting, as yet still untitled. If anyone can think up a name for it it would be a great help! The foal's name is Brockie, so I may just use that... Anyway, this is it so far. Today I blocked in the foal in dark brown and have done mainly work on the background as I want both horses to be dry before I go any further with them. There is a bit of glare in the right side of the photo which is making it look a lot lighter than it really is. I'm surprised how easily this has come about. I thought I would have a lot of trouble with this one seeing I haven't drawn or painted horses in so long - it all came back as though it were yesterday! I also did some work on the Frangipani painting, which now only needs a final glaze on the front fence for it to be complete. It has taken longer than expected because I've been away for a few days, but hopefully I will be able to post the completed painting on here tomorrow.

No comments: