Check out my website!

Friday, 12 January 2007

New Zealand Photos

I have finally gotten some photos together from my trip to New Zealand. This has probably been my most successful photo trip so far, with quite a lot more good photos than usual. Of course I still had to take hundreds of shots to get a few good ones. Mt Ruapehu This was taken on the most perfect day on the Tama Lakes walk. What more can I say. f3.2 1/600s The Pinnacles - Mt Ruapehu Taken early in the morning on our last day from the road in Whakapapa Village. It was the coldest day so far, and I'm pretty sure those clouds were full of snow. The weather deteriorated from there and it rained until we left - still, the restaurant at the Chateau was open and served a really fantastic lunch with great wine.... f6.4 1/550s Silica Rapids Taken on one of the shorter walks through the National Park to Silica Rapids which is a mineral rich stream. The silica is deposited onto the rocks by the water leaving a white coating. f/2.8 1/340s

2 comments:

Trine said...

As you probably guess, I fell for the rugged blue mountain. Great photo.

Kitty said...

Thanks Trine. It is indeed a very rugged mountain but a beautiful area to visit. I was in the right place at the right time to capture it.